Focused and Driven - Our Plan for Success
Since January 2005 we have been guided by the four key tenets of our Strategic Plan:
Our goals are concrete, measurable and attainable
- Own the better assets in the best business districts;
- Maintain a strong and flexible balance sheet;
- Communicate consistently and transparently; and
- Have the best team of real estate professionals with the experience, expertise and drive to serve our customers and grow our business.
We believe our Strategic Plan is the right long-term growth strategy for our Company as evidenced by our 88% seven-year total shareholder return from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2012. Our total return not only beat the total return of the four major indices, it was also better than the RMS, the index that tracks the total shareholder return of approximately 120 publicly traded REITs combined.
- Lease Space
- Deploy Investment Capital
- Pursue Build-to-Suits
- Sell Non-Core Properties
- Manage Expenses
- Grow on a Leverage-Neutral Basis over the Long-Term
"Highwoods is one of the largest full-services REITs in America."